The tuna adds its flavour to this simple and summery potato-based bake.
Serves 4, takes 40 mins approx.
Here’s a downloadable PDF recipe card for printing.
1. Chop potatoes and boil until soft enough to eat (time depends on size of chunks). Meanwhile chop the onion, garlic and spring onion.
2. Preheat your oven to 220C. Drain the potatoes and remove from the pot (you can keep them in the oven dish for now).
3. In the pot, fry the onion and garlic in oil/butter over a medium heat until soft (a few mins or so) and then add the spinach and spring onion, mixing and frying for a further minute.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and tuna, mixing again and seasoning generously (taste it and see!). Leave to simmer on a low to medium heat for about 10 mins.
5. Add the potato back to the pot, mix it all together, then transfer to oven dish.
6. Chop the basil if using fresh basil leaves. Tear or slice the mozzarella ball and spread it out on top of the mix, then sprinkle the basil.
7. Place in the oven on the middle shelf for 10-15 mins, just until the cheese is starting to brown, then serve.
Grow It Yourself
BBC Good Food
Fife Diet Recipes
Love Food Hate Waste
Keep Scotland Beautiful