1. Peel the sweet potatoes and the carrots and dice into very small peices. Chop the onion, garlic, celery and chilli finely. (If you’re not confident with your knife skills try watching this YouTube video https://youtu.be/G-Fg7l7G1zw).
2. Heat a generous amount of oil in a pot. Add all of the chopped veg. Then add the curry powder. Stir together with the oil and fry on a high–med heat for about five minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk, fill half the tin with water and add that too. Bring to a simmer, season to taste. Simmer for 10 mins, before adding the chickpeas.
4. Simmer for another five mins or so until the potato and carrot are soft enough to eat.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice in and stir. Chop the parsley a little and add to the pot as a garnish before serving.