A filling chicken soup with rice and vegetables. Great on its own or served with bread.
Serves 4, takes an hour
Here’s a downloadable PDF recipe card for printing.
1. Fry the two chopped onions and garlic until soft
2. Add chicken to the pan and fry until starting to brown, turning once and seasoning with salt and pepper
3. Add the chopped veg and mix together
4. Add the water and the whole onion and set to simmer for 30-40 mins
5. Boil the rice in a separate pot, with a good pinch of salt
6. Remove chicken pieces from the soup pot and strip/shred (removing bones if not boneless chicken). Then put the shredded chicken in the soup, along with the rice. Season again well, to your taste
7. Stir together before serving
Grow It Yourself
BBC Good Food
Fife Diet Recipes
Love Food Hate Waste
Keep Scotland Beautiful